THE COVID-19 VACCINE IS COMING
help is on the way
You can trust us to provide safe access to the COVID-19 vaccine.
If you have concerns, talk to our pharmacist.
Covid-19 vaccine is not yet available through our pharmacy. Please check back for availability.
Avoid the line- vaccines by appointment.
frequently asked questions
Protect you and the ones closest to you. Get your COVID-19 vaccine.
How do I get my COVID-19 vaccine?
- You can sign up to get your COVID-19 vaccine by visiting http://www.getmycovid19vaccine.com/ and searching for time slots in your area.
- To assure adequate supply, COVID-19 vaccinations will be conducted by appointment only.
- Currently available COVID-19 vaccines are given in a two-dose series. It’s important that you receive both doses to assure you have maximum immunity against the virus. Your pharmacist will work with you schedule your second shot at your first appointment. The spacing between the first and second shots is 28 days.
- If you have health insurance, please bring your insurance card with you to your appointment. There is no cost to you to get the vaccine.
- Please note that Forest Hills will be supplying vaccines consistent with the state and national prioritization guidelines. If you have questions about whether or not you are currently eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine, please contact your pharmacy.
What should I expect when receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Your safety is important to us. To ensure that you are as safe as possible during the vaccine administration, pharmacy staff will request that you remain at the pharmacy or clinic site for a short period of time following administration.
- Everyone will be asked to wait a minimum of 15 minutes after receiving a vaccination.
- If you have a history of any severe allergic reaction, you will be asked to remain at the pharmacy or clinic site for 30 minutes after receiving your vaccination. Severe allergic reactions can include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of your face and throat
- A fast heartbeat
- A bad rash all over your body
- Dizziness and weakness
- Some patients will experience side-effects after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. Side-effects reported with the vaccine include:
- Pain, redness, tenderness, and/or swelling at site of injection or in the arm where you received the injection
- Fatigue, headache, muscle pain, joint pain, chills, nausea and vomiting, and fever.
- These side effects generally go away after a few days. If you have side effects that last longer than two days, please contact the pharmacy for more information.
- If you experience a severe allergic reaction, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest hospital.
- After your vaccination, a pharmacy team member will supply you with information on how to participate in a program called v-safe. V-safe is a smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to provide personalized health check-ins after you receive a COVID-19 vaccination. This allows you to tell the CDC if you have any side effects from getting the vaccine. Your participation in v-safe is appreciated as it helps keep COVID-19 vaccines safe.
- Second-dose appointments will be scheduled by a pharmacy team member on the day of your vaccination. Appointments will be targeted for 28 days after your first-dose. If for some reason your second-dose must be scheduled at a time later than 28 days out from your first dose, there is no reason to repeat your first dose.
What do I need to do on the day I receive the COVID-19 vaccine?
- For the safety of our pharmacy team and other patients looking to receive their vaccines, we will ask that you observe a few standard precautions on the day you receive your vaccine.
- Be sure to wear a face-mask when you come to the pharmacy or clinic site. If you do not have an appropriate face-mask, one will be provided to you at the site.
- Our pharmacy team members will review important information with you about the vaccine and ask you a few questions that must be answered on the day of your vaccination.
- If you are sick or not feeling well on the day of your appointment, please contact the pharmacy to reschedule your appointment for a later date. Please do not come to the pharmacy or clinic site if you are sick.
If you have any additional questions, please contact your pharmacy for more information.