25 to 30 minutes
1 hour and 30 minutes
- HEAT oven to 350º F.
- SEPARATE eggs. Reserve egg yolks for later use. Place egg whites in medium bowl. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating constantly with mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- BEAT 10 Tbsp. butter in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Blend in dark chocolate. Add reserved egg yolks and 2/3 cup of the remaining sugar; mix well. Gradually beat in flour. Fold in egg whites.
- SPOON into 18 paper-lined muffin pan cups.
- BAKE 25 to 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 min. Remove cupcakes from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- MELT white chocolate as directed on package; cool slightly. Beat cream cheese and remaining butter in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add white chocolate and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in remaining sugar.
- SPOON frosting into piping bag fitted with star tip; use to pipe frosting onto tops of cupcakes. Garnish with chocolate hearts.