12 hours 10 mins
- Pork -- Season your pork well with salt and pepper. Add the thick sliced onion on the bottom and then top with the pork. Then top with the thin sliced onions.
- Add the Vernors, cloves, bay leaves and squeeze the oranges and then throw in the pieces. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours until tender.
- Pull -- The pork is done. Remove and let cool slightly. Then pull apart the pork.
- Sauce -- A few minutes before I remove my pork, is when I start my BBQ sauce. In a small pot over medium heat add the sauce, honey, garlic, orange juice, chipoltes and about 1 cup of the Vernors broth. Bring to a light boil, reduce to medium and simmer for about 15 minutes. Add a little more Vernors broth, not much and bring to a boil again and reduce until the sauce is rich and thick.
- Pork -- As the sauce cooks, pull the pork. Add your sauce to your pork and enjoy. If you don't use all your sauce. Just put in a baggie and freeze. This is great just brushed over pork chops or a tenderloin. Don't throw it out.
- Onions -- Don't forget about all those good onions. Scoop them out and serve on the side to serve on the sandwich.
- Serve -- Well you know what to do. Your favorite buns, coleslaw and ENJOY!