2 hours and 35 miuntes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin tins with cupcake papers. You will have 24 in total.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ingredients for the crust. Evenly distribute among the cupcake papers and press down with a measuring cup. Bake in the oven for 4 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F.
- Place the Challenge Cream Cheese and 1 cup sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes. With the mixer running, add the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. Add the sour cream, coffee, and vanilla and mix once more until combined.
- Evenly distribute the cream cheese batter among the muffin tins. Bake the cheesecake bites until no longer jiggly in the middle, about 20-25 minutes. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
- While the cupcakes are chilling, make the caramel sauce. Place the 1 cup of sugar and 2 teaspoons of water in a large saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Gently tilt the pan to stir sugar as it melts, but do not stir.
- Cook until all of the sugar is melted and it turns an amber color. Remove from the heat and immediately whisk in the cream, 2 tablespoons of water, and salt. If the sugar hardens and separates from the cream, place back over a medium heat and stir until melted. Add the 1/4 teaspoon salt and stir to combine. Set aside to cool at room temperature or place in an ice bath to cool. The caramel will be quite thick.
- Right before serving, garnish the cheesecake bites. Top each with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce or let guests garnish their own.