- Citrus cookie bars topped with creamy white morsel icing and sprinkled with a dash of sea salt make these bars reminiscent of your favorite south-of-the-border beverage. These unique cookies are great for backyard gatherings on hot summer days.
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 9-inch-square baking pan.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat sugar, butter, vanilla extract, lime peel and orange peel in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Press into prepared baking pan.
- BAKE for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Spread with Citrus Icing. Sprinkle with sea salt. Cut into bars. Store in covered container in refrigerator.
- FOR CITRUS ICING: BEAT powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter, lime peel, orange peel, lime juice and orange juice in small mixer bowl until smooth.
- TIP: Bars can be prepared in an 8-inch-square baking pan. Follow recipe above and bake for 20 to 22 minutes.