1 hour, 5 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small plate combine breadcrumbs, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Grease an 8x8-inch square baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Alternate layers of onion, tomato and breadcrumbs, dotting each layer with butter. Repeat until all of the onions and tomatoes are used; finish with a breadcrumb layer.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Remove from oven.
- Make four hollows in the top of the baked mixture with the back of a large spoon. Crack one egg into each hollow. Season eggs with salt to taste. Return baking dish to oven and bake 10 to 12 minutes more or until eggs are set.
View all nutritional information
Calories 273, Calories Fat 151, Total Fat 17g, Saturated Fat 8g, Cholesterol 241mg, Sodium 187mg, Carbohydrate 20g, Protein 9g
|Calories (fat) extra||56|
|Total Fat (extra)||26|
|Saturated Fat (extra)||44|
|Vitamin A (extra)||33|
|Vitamin C (extra)||33|