- Pre-heat grill to 450 degrees
- Lightly brush pre-made dough or bread with olive oil and place it directly onto the grates of your grill. Brown for 1 to 2 minutes, turning pizza crust gently with a spatula. Look for light golden brown. Once the pizza dough has browned lightly on one side, use a cookie sheet or pizza paddle to remove it from the grill. Use a spatula to flip the dough over so that the grilled side is now up. Keep the grill covered so it retains its heat for the next step.
- Add BBQ sauce, cheese, chicken and red onion to cooked size of pizza. Drizzle BBQ sauce over the top of the ingredients.
- Slide the topped pizza back onto the grill. If you are using a gas grill, reduce the heat. If working with a charcoal grill, close the vents on the cover almost all the way.
- Close the lid and cook for 2-3 minutes more, or until the bottom begins to char and the cheese is bubbly. Pull off the grate with a spatula onto a cutting board or other flat surface and let rest for a couple minutes before cutting into slices.