- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat 4 large muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- To prepare cornbread, combine cornbread mix, corn, chiles, sour cream, milk, cream and eggs; mix well.
- Stir in Cheddar cheese.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds full.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown and puffy.
- Meanwhile, prepare Pico De Gallo in a medium mixing bowl. Combine lime juice, green onions, salsa, black beans, chipotle peppers, salt, avocado and oil. Toss together gently; set aside.
- Remove cornbread from oven. Slice each muffin immediately in half horizontally; place each bottom half on serving plate. Spoon a portion of the Black Bean Pico De Gallo over bottom half of each muffin, dividing evenly among all muffins. Sprinkle Pico with chopped cilantro and fresh tomatoes, if desired. Add muffin top to dish and serve immediately. Or cover and keep muffins warm until ready to serve.
View all nutritional information
Calories 854, Calories Fat 530, Total Fat 58g, Saturated Fat 19g, Cholesterol 177mg, Sodium 1389mg, Carbohydrate 64g, Protein 22g
|Calories (fat) extra||62|
|Total Fat (extra)||91|
|Saturated Fat (extra)||95|
|Vitamin A (extra)||40|
|Vitamin C (extra)||80|