3hrs 15 minutes
- In a medium sauce pot, bring all BBQ sauce ingredients to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Dress the ribs ahead of time with half of the sauce. Allow to marinate overnight. Use the remaining sauce to coat the ribs on the grill.
- For ribs, preheat oven to 400 degrees. In an oven pan, cover the ribs with water half way; add the chopped onion and liquid smoke.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 1 hour. Check the tenderness of the ribs.
- You should be able to puncture the meat with a fork. If you need to add water to the pan and continue baking, do so. Finish the ribs on the grill, dressing them with the remainder of the sauce.