Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment + spray with olive oil to prevent squash from sticking.
- Slice acorn squash in half, scoop out seeds and place flat on sheet sprayed with olive oil.
- Bake the squash for 20 minutes, until it is tender when pierced with a fork.
- While the squash cooks – heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Sauté turkey in olive oil for 10-15 minutes until brown.
- While the turkey is cooking, chop mushrooms, apples + herbs.
- Add in chopped mushrooms, apples, chicken stock, and spices to the pan with the cooked turkey. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- When the squash is done, remove from the oven + scoop out most of the cooked center, leaving a little bit of filling in the acorn squash.
- Add the squash filling to the turkey/mushroom/apple mixture in the pan+ stir until completely mixed in.
- Scoop the turkey/squash mixture back into the squash + top with cheese of choice.
- Bake them at 450 for 5-10 minutes until cheese melts. Optional: broil for 2-3 minutes so the cheesy gets crispy.