- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Butterfly each chicken breast horizontally (without cutting all the way through) to open like a book. Place between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and, using a meat mallet, pound each breast to -inch thick. Place one-fourth of the asparagus lengthwise in each breast, and sprinkle each evenly with half the cheese. Roll chicken up over filling and secure with wooden toothpicks. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer to baking sheet. Place in oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F.
- Meanwhile, return skillet to medium-low heat. Add shallots; sauté until translucent. Add mushrooms; sauté until softened. Season with salt to taste. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat flour over medium-high heat until lightly browned, whisking continuously. Whisk in butter to incorporate; cook 1 to 2 minutes, whisking continuously. Gradually whisk in broth until well-blended and smooth. Cook 10 minutes or until thickened, whisking continuously. Remove from heat and whisk in remaining cheese. Add mushrooms and shallots.
- Remove chicken from oven. Place on 4 plates, top with mushroom?cheese sauce, and serve.
View all nutritional information
Calories 584, Calories Fat 2685, Total Fat 31g, Saturated Fat 15g, Cholesterol 184mg, Sodium 550mg, Carbohydrate 15g, Protein 56g
|Calories (fat) extra||459|
|Total Fat (extra)||49|
|Saturated Fat (extra)||77|
|Vitamin A (extra)||33|
|Vitamin C (extra)||17|