- Enjoy a patriotic treat with this recipe for Red, White and Blueberry Torte. Bursting with chocolate morsels, the cake-like bottom is layered with a fluffy cream cheese and whipped topping mixture, and decorated with colorful, fresh fruit. It's sure to create fireworks at any party!
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Line 9-inch-round cake pan with wax paper; grease paper.
- COMBINE 3/4 cup sugar, butter and water in small, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Add 3/4 cup morsels; stir until smooth. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Add flour, baking soda and salt; stir until well blended. Stir in remaining 3/4 cup morsels. Pour into prepared cake pan.
- BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Invert torte onto wire rack; remove wax paper. Turn right side up; cool completely.
- BEAT cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until creamy. Stir in whipped topping. Spread over torte; top with berries. Refrigerate until ready to serve.