- For the polenta, coat a square 8-inch glass baking dish with gluten-free nonstick cooking spray. In a large saucepan combine 2 cups water plus broth, mustard and cayenne; bring to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; whisk in cornmeal. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; pour into baking dish. Set aside to firm.
- For the ragout, preheat oven to 425°F. Cut off and discard dark green top from leek; cut leek into 1-inch slices. In a large bowl combine leek, cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms and garlic. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Spread vegetables in a large roasting pan. Place pan in oven; roast 8 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven; stir in corn and tomatoes. Return pan to oven; roast 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from oven; transfer vegetables and juices to a large Dutch oven.
- Place Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook vegetables 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in basil, marjoram and thyme. Cover and keep warm.
- Place broiler rack 4 to 6 inches from heat source. Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil; coat foil with nonstick cooking spray. Cut polenta into 12 squares and place on baking sheet. Broil 5 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. To serve, place 2 polenta squares on each of 6 plates, and top with ragout. Serve warm.
View all nutritional information
Calories 198, Calories Fat 54, Total Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 82mg, Carbohydrate 32g, Protein 5g
|Calories (fat) extra||27|
|Total Fat (extra)||9|
|Saturated Fat (extra)||4|
|Vitamin A (extra)||77|
|Vitamin C (extra)||58|